We service all makes and models of sewing machines and sergers. From the 1950's right through to the current day. You can drop off your machine any time and we'll be more than happy to get it to the technician. Turn around time is approx. 7-10 days.
Some of the common issues that our technician will be happy to address:
- Machine not picking up the bobbin thread.
- Tension is too tight or too loose.
- Machine is running slow or sluggish.
- Lots of thread bunching up underneath the fabric.
- Breaking needles.
- Machine is just sewing 'poorly'.
Here are a few suggestions to try before bringing your machine in for repair:
- If there is thread bunching up and knotting underneath the fabric, try re-threading the top thread on the machine.
- All purpose thread tension setting is '4'. If the thread on top seems too loose, try tightening the tension by turning the dial to a higher number. The higher the number, the higher the tensio.
- Make sure you have a new needle in and a needle that is appropriate for the type of sewing you are doing. If you have any questions about which type of needle you should be using, please feel free to call and ask. We'll be more than happy to help you select the proper needle type.
- Make sure your thread is new. Thread can rot over time and will break when used in your sewing machine.
- And finally make sure that your machine is threaded properly. Check with your owners manual to make sure the top and bobbin thread are correct and not caught anywhere they shouldn't be.
The cost for your sewing machine to be service is a flat rate of $65. The only additional cost would be parts, if they were necessary. Most issues can be resolved with a basic tune up and do not require any additional parts.
Please make sure to drop your machine off at the shop with the power cord, foot pedal, bobbin basket (if applicable) and a sample of what it's doing (if you can). Machines can be dropped off at any time and you do not need to call ahead. Turn around time is approx. 7-10 days although most machines are back much sooner.
There is a 30 day guarantee on all services. If for any reason you experience any problems with your machine after you've picked it up please bring it right back and we will be happy to help you.
If you have any questions please call us at (914) 962-3328.